<  Tavern  ~  Anything and nothing discussed on the Racebar!

Seletarstar
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Vice Admiral
Level 16
Hya Glenn Laughing
Thanks Glenn for a great picture,its nice to be reminded of what "real"boats looked like..and to remind some of us ancients that we could sail without cumbersome lifejackets and all the health and safety rules that clobber up all the fun in present sailing. .
Polar necks.wellies etc.I know things have changed but Exclamation Exclamation :
Perhaps you could show us more of your works ie the Dawlish red cliffs and smooth sea ripple on to beach....Loved it
Take care
Bugsie
The Wasp
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Commander
Level 12
Seletarstar wrote:
Hya Glenn Laughing
Thanks Glenn for a great picture,its nice to be reminded of what "real"boats looked like..and to remind some of us ancients that we could sail without cumbersome lifejackets and all the health and safety rules that clobber up all the fun in present sailing. .
Polar necks.wellies etc.I know things have changed but Exclamation Exclamation :
Perhaps you could show us more of your works ie the Dawlish red cliffs and smooth sea ripple on to beach....Loved it
Take care
Bugsie

Good to see your still kicking there Bugsie; and hope the swimming is good.

Yes the days of old..my old man used to make me wear a blow up L/J..he just wore the white polar neck jumper on many occasions. I can't remember who his crew was in those days. I do remember one story, about how he missed a few weeks of the sailing season, as his new sails were being stretched in the sail loft...when he took them out, he trounced the field. I don't have his patience.

By the way young man, have PM'd you ( seletarstar) about painting....

Sorry i dont have one of the Dawlish cliffs...but i did one of the Sidmouth Cliffs just a short while ago ( same red i think)..This is at Sidmouth looking west at Peak Hill, and towards Ladram bay, Budleigh, Exmouth, Dawlish beyond.

Glenn