<  Help and Support  ~  [Support] Looking for help or support

Suratna
Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Admiral III
Level 20
Bugsie

this looks not good. even if youi are not a member, than stilll the game screen can be made full screen and no advert is seen.
Only on hte main menu screen and on the side of the chatroom some adverts were shown, I believe.

anyway there is a very god advert blocker extensioin. it is called Adblock . if you install this in all your browsers, it is available for Firefox, Chrome, IE I do not know.
that will block the advert, though it will leave the space empty it will not give it back to the game screen.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:36 am Reply with quote
Admiral I
Level 18
Liveskipper pages - loads!
Forum - loads.
Virtual regatta and VORG - loads.
Candy Crush and whatever other places - loads.
But the game itself at Liveskipper NOT LOADING!!!
This has been going on for quite some time and is getting rather frustrating.
However the question might be:
Where are the Game servers and which ISP/network are they using???????
haffiman
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
Admiral I
Level 18
It seems to help yo complain!
While I was typing the above, all of a sudden the game servers woke up and loaded (in another tab) at about 120K on a 1 M line!! But how long will that last??? It seems to be coming and going, mostly going!!!
Seletarstar
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:17 am Reply with quote
Vice Admiral
Level 16
Good morning folks´.
Had strange problem on races last night(Wednesday am). On both Monday races I set my waypoints which really is not a very difficult task and retired.I was as per usual in a competetive position for last or second to last as usual.No problem.This a.m find boat on both races wrecked and waypoints gone.. I had no problem on resetting them and "en route" albeit a million miles behind all others.I have had no problems for many moons and all seemed well .This a.m in bottom riight screen I have a small message
"You may of been a victim of a counterfeit programme" and"this copy of windows is not genuine".As luck will have it it is the month of August and most computor and other shops are closed for two weeks to a month. Everything seems to be running ok,no glitches on any other programmes (and LS)
Thats the problem explained now the question.Could the above occurence affect the settings of the races and nothing else except screen savers which have disappeared or do I sell up,move into an elderly retreat home and take up dominoes???
Mucho thanks for your attention
Bugsie
Seletarstar
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:24 am Reply with quote
Vice Admiral
Level 16
Hi again folks
Another clue to previous letter,ater a closer look of previous letter ,it would seem that the problem mus of occured at about the same time of night...
Bugsie
CplHallberg
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Captain
Level 13
Bugs, I had similar about a month ago, except it moved my greens about 15nm off..............No idea why. it pissed me off as I was unusually doing very well in the race......... Rolling Eyes

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II
Level 19
Joined: 24 Jun 2009 Posts: 11052 Location: Tournieres, Basse Normandie. (and England) FR
I changed my 'Tag line' and the box/Banner that shows number of races an challenges disappeared.......... How do I get it back? Confused
Suratna
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:16 am Reply with quote
Admiral III
Level 20
Hallberg wrote:
I changed my 'Tag line' and the box/Banner that shows number of races an challenges disappeared.......... How do I get it back? Confused

Hi Russ,
to get the banner on the bottom of your posts back, you will have to go to your profile.

- choose Forums
- choose Profile
- choose Signature box
two steps below you see BCC code, this is the code that you have to copy and paste it in the box for Signature.
- You can also add your own text in the Signature box or add a link to whatever site you want to show (no advertisement please)
- Just make sure that the BBCode is switched ON, Look down under the preferences, this is a line BBCOde on or off, switch Always allow BBCode YES

You may have a read in our wiki on signatures here http://www.liveskipper.com/wiki/doku.php?id=en:community:profile&s[]=signature#signature

success
ard

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:36 am Reply with quote
Junior Seaman
Level 1
Thanks and I am new to this forum can you guys help me out on how can I get the most out of this forum?
Bastako-clbrs
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:44 am Reply with quote
Admiral II
Level 19
Joined: 04 Nov 2014 Posts: 1355 Location: loin de l'océan... FR
Hi !

Welcome here !
Very Happy

I'm french, so I don't quite understand what you mean by "get the most out of this forum"…

Maybe you'll find some answers her : FAQ.
Check "Administrative issues" and "Questions on Forum and Chat".

Smile

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:52 am Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

117066 / 175000
Superskipper
kiarawillson92 wrote:
Thanks and I am new to this forum can you guys help me out on how can I get the most out of this forum?

Hi, there and welcome.

This is a sub group of the EF ( english speaking forum) , so you are in the right place.

I'm not sure i understand your meaning " get the most out of the forum"...

Each Forum be it English / French/ Spanish speaking, is split into an identical list of sub groups..ie help / support, races, clubs etc.

For each promulgated race... a race topic ( thread) will be created by the administrators. Within there add comments on the race as you see fit.
Similir to this help function, ask general help questions, and we may be able to answer them.
Clubs exist within the game, and there is a clubs section... most self explanatory if you dive around and have a look.

please advise if you require an answer to a specific question ..

thanks
Glenn