<  Suggestions and Features  ~  Invisibility watch

Ocean Flea
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
Joined: 19 Mar 2008 Posts: 506 Location: Binissalem. Mallorca ES
Hi Folks Laughing
Does my memory deceive me or did we not have an invisibility option Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes To be honest it might of been on another sailing site many moons ago Rolling Eyes perhaps some of you might like the thought of having one single watch per day ie a 3 hour invisibility to coincide with weather updates Wink To my mind this would keep you guessing as to what your closest rival is up to,and allow you to make your own mind up without just following other boats and add a bit of spice to the game Twisted Evil I know modern technology and coms can tell you what your rivals 100 miles away are having for breakfast ,but thats for the big boys.In real life, on these races many competitors never see each other till back in the clubhouse.You could add an invisibiiity "Exclusion Zone"say about twenty miles from the finish line Evil or Very Mad That could put the cat among the pigeons and see some panic action before the line..
Anyway its only a thought and thank you for reading this letter.
Bugsie PDT_Aliboronz_24 PDT_Aliboronz_24
Ps Im all for it!!

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:12 am Reply with quote
Enseigne 1ère Classe
Niveau 10
Hi Bugsie

a "stealth" mode. looks an attractive feature for me.

I cannot remember that LS has had this option, for sure I cannot find this feature in this moment in time.
The last BWR had this option, I remember , tried it once and guess I was invisible for a long time could be 12 hrs or so.

I will propose the Stealth mode for LS, indeed maybe excluding the last 30-50 Nm before the finish. lets see how LS thinks on this.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Amiral II

Niveau 19

97767 / 175000
Superskipper
I like the idea...

With interesting thoughts on when it can be used...

My option would be to go for 6 hours from the start .... then you do not know which boats have gone in which direction...it would make the finishes interesting if boats were approaching finish from different directions.
But i guess each has it's own merit Laughing

Hallberg
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
Joined: 24 Jun 2009 Posts: 11051 Location: Tournieres, Basse Normandie. (and England) FR
I think it would take away half the fun not being able to see the other boats, especially the best boats, that you can learn from............

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
Hya folks Surprised
Watcher Russ, I was only suggesting a maximum of one three hour watch a day for simplicity and only if you wanted to Evil or Very Mad Of course we can always learn from our "betters" Rolling Eyes but do we Question Question Question By the time we have got to where they were,things have changed :cry:How many times have you sat next to a Vanna,TJ,DJ and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all,running parallel ,less than a mile away and using every bloody combination of sail and still they are half or a full knot faster than you Rolling Eyes I have to speak for myself,but it drives me barmy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes We do it not for the kudos but because we enjoy as you say taking part Crying or Very sad Anyway mate,give me those three hours a day and a quiet 50 horse O/B and as a true sportsman I give you my word I wouldnt use it in those three hours Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I reckon those three hours would make a great difference for the follow the leaders team Wink
Thanks Kingfisher and 4Seasons for your thoughts Of course there are many other ideas that could be incorporated in the idea as you have mentioned.The obvious must be that it is simple to apply.Im sure our Boffins who always come up with solutions to everything and keep us going could work something out Question Question Just compare LS
from what it was 8-9 years ago.The great part of this is that we have an excellent forum and can voice our ideas good or bad to everyone to see. Very Happy Very Happy
OK lesson over for the day Razz
Bugsie PDT_Aliboronz_24 PDT_Aliboronz_24 Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
Joined: 24 Jun 2009 Posts: 11051 Location: Tournieres, Basse Normandie. (and England) FR
I think i'll rename my boat 'Pentalon' as i'm always in the follow pack....... Rolling Eyes

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
As you say Bugs, 'It's not the winning that matters, but the taking part'
Unfortunately there are some amongst our number for whom the 'Taking part' is a mere inconvienience, with the glory being the only target.............Sad really..... Sad
(btw, Doris more has a pm}

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
Hi Bugsie

Thanks for your idea
I agree with Hallberg, it's nice to see what top dogs are doing, to learn from them
anyway, partial invisibility could be fun

If you don't want to see other boats, you have the "my boat only" option, but if you don't want to be seen... nothing's planned
so an option "invisible boat" could be fun, as no one is forced to use it, and should be interresting to know who want to stay hidden Wink

but, main point with LS now is the lack of developers to write and settle such a code
we are asking for months few other improvements much more easier to program (as hidden waypoints) but no one in the office as time enough to give to code improvements
anway, it's a nice idea to keep in mind for better times
Fred

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:33 am Reply with quote
Amiral III
Niveau 20
pity I cannot write code in the modern languages Sad

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
Amiral II
Niveau 19
Hi Folks Laughing
Great idea Ard,all it needs is patience and a lot of good will Razz the possibilities are endless with the aid of budding bright students from our different countries Idea
Bugsie PDT_Aliboronz_24 PDT_Aliboronz_24

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Amiral III
Niveau 20
Jhamie1980 wrote:

post removed as it is considered pure advertisement.