<  Races  ~  Monday Series S6-09 : MDM 6 Slalom (May 13, 09:00 UTC)

hdmi
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Junior Seaman
Level 1

Monday May 13 2019 - 09:00 UTC

Play - Instructions - Take a look

A race designed by the MDM club for its 6th anniversary !
vanna
Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Admiral IV

Level 21

196430 / 275000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 31 Oct 2011 Posts: 1294 Location: Split,Croatia and Portoroz,Slovenia HR
This is an unfortunate race for me.Firstly lost 10 min when my boat stopped for unknown reason and fell from 4th to 7th position.
Two gates more south missed the gate and wrecked among multitude of islands.Lost exactly one hour to return to the gate.This race is asking a lot of presence on the computer, as sailing very close to shores and little change of wind direction or speed, get you wrecked or miss the gate or both as is my case.
Of course it is up to us to participate or not in this kind of races.However me being not a router and using only what LS offers,my only chance to win the race is in this kind of races.

Last edited by vanna on Thu May 16, 2019 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Admiral
Level 17
Joined: 29 Oct 2014 Posts: 27 Location: Lausanne & Aix Les Bains CH
vanna wrote:
This is an unfortunate race for me.Firstly lost 10 min when my boat stopped for unknown reason and fell from 4th to 7th position.
Two gates more south missed the gate and wrecked among multitude of islands.Lost exactly one hour to return to the gate.This race is asking a lot of presence on the computer, as sailing very close to shores and little change of wind direction or speed, get you wrecked or miss the gate or both as is my case.
Of course it is up to us to participate or not in this kind of races.However mi being not a router and using only what LS offers,my only chance to win the race is in this kind of races.

Hello Vanna, I saw your tracks on gate 5 and actually that lost time... My congratulations for always being close to the top 10... Without this elapsed time I think you would play for the leader place…
The race isn't finished, I hope you'll gain some places… but please just after mine

Marc Very Happy

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 am Reply with quote
Admiral IV

Level 21

196430 / 275000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 31 Oct 2011 Posts: 1294 Location: Split,Croatia and Portoroz,Slovenia HR
[quote="MarcMalo"

Hello Vanna, I saw your tracks on gate 5 and actually that lost time... My congratulations for always being close to the top 10... Without this elapsed time I think you would play for the leader place…
The race isn't finished, I hope you'll gain some places… but please just after mine

Marc Very Happy[/quote]

Hi Marc,yes I am trying to gain some positions and have just overtaken you too on 8th position but than saw this your post and dropped behind. Laughing
By the way as you are from Lausanne, I know the place very well as worked there as marine superintendent in 1977-78.
Did you read my PM(private msg) of few weeks ago?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Admiral
Level 17
Joined: 29 Oct 2014 Posts: 27 Location: Lausanne & Aix Les Bains CH
vanna wrote:
[quote="MarcMalo"

Marc Very Happy

Hi Marc,yes I am trying to gain some positions and have just overtaken you too on 8th position but than saw this your post and dropped behind. Laughing
By the way as you are from Lausanne, I know the place very well as worked there as marine superintendent in 1977-78.
Did you read my PM(private msg) of few weeks ago?[/quote]

Yes Vanna, and this confirms that world is a small place….
Hey you drop before me Very Happy
Wait me after the finish line
Marc Smile

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:59 am Reply with quote
Admiral IV

Level 21

196430 / 275000
I am quite satisfied with my 6th position in this race in view of my 1h10min lost time.
Arrived 42 min behind the winner so one would say I could have won this race.However in practice is not exactly like that.
I must congratulate PO on his 5th position and excellent sailing in last part of the race.I overtook him too but than he sailed excellently between two gates and overtook me back.