<  Suggestions and Features  ~  iPad Edition? Full waypoints for iPhone/iPad edition?

Olders
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Fleet Chief P.O.

Level 7

3396 / 4113
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 07 Feb 2011 Posts: 2 GB
Hi there,

I notice from some previous posts (early 2011 - ie 12 months ago) that you were in the process of developing your app for native iPad support and that you were also working on adding full waypoint management (like the web version) to your iOS app.

12 months down the line, any progress on this? What is your timeline for bringing out these features.

I now almost exclusively work from an iPad, very rarely using a PC, so not having these features makes it very difficult for me to effectively take part in races. I love LS but am currently finding it almost not worth taking part.

I look forward to hearing from somebody from the LS team shortly!

Many thanks and congratulations on an otherwise fantastic game!

Regards.

Olders
Suratna
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
Admiral IV

Level 21

4144 / 275000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 02 Jul 2009 Posts: 8829 Location: Thailand TH
Hi Olders

I see that still no answer has come on your post.

I do not have an iPhone, as long time my country was too good for an iPhone, and I like to keep it that way, Laughing so I cannot help you any further.

I hope that one of the developers or App users can shed some like on your post.

But ......please be reminded that the LS virtual sailing simulator is developed to be played on a computer. The app is developed for giving a kind of help for emergencies ,such that if you are away from your computer , it would allow you to make a heading change to prevent a grounding or to make a sail change for preventing the boat going into Irons.
btw: on the modern smartphones with internet browsing and a flashplayer, it is also possible to make some emergency adjustments to your boat, be it that it is small and difficult.
It was never meant to be a full functional intermediate for playing the LiveSkipper virtual sailing simulator to its full potential, as you correctly state yourself.
S
As you will have noticed, the last year TeamLS has done a lot of work to improve the player , where about 99% of the players are benefiting from. Thus bear with us that the App development has not given an output that you expected. No doubt that in future, where the mobile connectivity will further improve, the App will be developed further.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
Admiral

Level 17

18266 / 72555
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 26 Jan 2010 Posts: 1334 Location: Nor. Calif, USA US
Olders wrote:
Hi there,

I notice from some previous posts (early 2011 - ie 12 months ago) that you were in the process of developing your app for native iPad support and that you were also working on adding full waypoint management (like the web version) to your iOS app.

12 months down the line, any progress on this? What is your timeline for bringing out these features.

I now almost exclusively work from an iPad, very rarely using a PC, so not having these features makes it very difficult for me to effectively take part in races. I love LS but am currently finding it almost not worth taking part.

I look forward to hearing from somebody from the LS team shortly!

Many thanks and congratulations on an otherwise fantastic game!

Regards.

Olders

A little bit of info on this:

I completely agreed, and really wish there was a full-featured version of the game player on IOS for the iPhone & iPad, and I too have been waiting a long time for it...

unfortunately, it does not seem like we are going to get that anytime soon, so here are a couple of options to at least get you up and running on your IOS device on Live Skipper with Flash support. I should preface that in my opinion neither is perfect, but they do work

iSwifter

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iswifter-flash-web-browser/id388857173

OnLive Desktop

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onlive-desktop/id490292278

If those links do not work for your country, you can search on the iTunes Store. They both are free, and iSwifter will work with no additional payment, but OnLive Desktop requires you pay US$5.00 per month for full Flash support.

hope that helps

bill

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Fleet Chief P.O.

Level 7

3396 / 4113
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 07 Feb 2011 Posts: 2 GB
Thanks for that Bill. Very good advice.

I am actually now using log me in, which is also free and creates a secure VPN into my pc desktop.

Not a perfect solution as you say, but certainly better than the current iOS app!

Many thanks again!

Regards.
tsunami
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote
Admiral I

Level 18

29927 / 125000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 23 Jun 2009 Posts: 696 Location: Greystones,Ireland IE
Yes they did it again,just UPDATED Live skipper on my iphone,with this UPDATE you get to type in your name and your password everytime.well done

questorscout
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Sub-Lieutenant

Level 10

2593 / 8307
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 03 Nov 2011 Posts: 202 Location: Northern Ireland GB
If not full version perhaps at least the option to go back on to waypoint or scheduler, instead of once you have gone manual to rescue your boat you are then stuck on manual until you can get to a pc!

akash20
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:50 am Reply with quote
Junior Seaman

Level 1

0 / 400
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 22 Jul 2019 Posts: 1 Location: pune
Thanks for information