<  Help and Support  ~  [Tutorial] How to use the heading/sail scheduler ?

denosya
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Commodore

Level 14

14864 / 16601
Administrator
Tired to wake-up in the middle of the night to change your heading and your sail? Then the scheduler tool is made for you!

Arrow OPEN THE SCHEDULER
Simply click on « Scheduler » in the top of the screen toolbar.

Arrow CREATE AN ORDER
Let’s say it’s 09:10 GMT. I want my boat heading set to 240° with Code0 sail at 12:00 GMT.

The order must be triggered in 2 hours and 50 minutes. You want to enter these parameters:

« Change in… »
Enter 2h and 50mn (type in 2 and 50 in the appropriate cells)

Exclamation Commands must have 10 minutes or more between each other. The scheduler won't let you add a command that does not satisfy this rule.

« Sail »
Select « Code 0 » using the +/ – buttons.

« Heading »
Select 240° using the +/- buttons (can may also type 240 directly with your keyboard)

Then click on “Add” to validate your order.
Now the order is recorded on the server : it is visible in the order list.

You may create up to 5 orders Idea

Arrow CANCEL AN ORDER
If you are not satisfied with an order, just select it in the list and click on “Delete Selection”. You can also delete an order by clicking on it with the CTRL key pressed.

Arrow OPTIONS
The tools offers 2 very important options : Auto-Heading and TWA.

« Auto-Heading » : indicates if the server must activate or not the “Auto-Heading” when the order is executed by the server. If this option in unset, the “Auto-Heading” will be deactivated on your boat.
(RK: when the “Auto-Heading” is activated, your boat automatically keeps a fixed angle relative the wind, at each update of the game).

“TWA”: indicates if the heading specified in the order must be considered as an absolute angle, or as an angle relative to the wind (True Wind Angle). If the TWA option is set (which is recommended when the Auto-Heading is set on), then the boat heading will actualized according to the wind at your boat location at the time the order is executed. For instance, I select -20° TWA. When the order is executed, the wind at my boat location is 231°. The new heading will be 231 - 20 = 211°.

Important Note

Exclamation Commands are actually performed during game updates. Think at commands as if you were actually performing this setting manually at the requested time.

You thus can see commands in the past if you refresh the game after the requested command time and before the update following it. If you apply a manual setting to your boat in such a case, the manual setting will OVERWRITE the command settings. During the following update, your command will be IGNORED.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
Commodore

Level 14

14864 / 16601
Administrator
Idea For those who have doubts about the sign of TWA!

It has the same meaning than in the rosace on the board.

Ex1: the wind comes from angle 0° (picture). If I set a +10° TWA, my heading will be 10°.
Ex2: the wind comes from angle 30°. If I set a -10° TWA, my heading will be 20°.