Author Message

<  Help and Support  ~  potential fishing on the forum

viv
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Admiral
Level 17
Joined: 01 Nov 2014 Posts: 399 Location: the 6 - Canada US
I am having the following pop-up window showing off randomly today:


It looks like "fishing" to me.
Certainly, I won't fill my login info in there.

Anyone knows more about it ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kingfisher 829
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

117066 / 175000
Superskipper
Joined: 15 Feb 2012 Posts: 2085 GB
viv wrote:
I am having the following pop-up window showing off randomly today:


It looks like "fishing" to me.
Certainly, I won't fill my login info in there.

Anyone knows more about it ?


Yep that looks like some malware.. time for an AV run i think.


Ok , more research...have you enlisted in some training with Expertusone ?
It could be no more than a cookie...possibly a browser "add-on", or extension .. go through and check/delete ?

_________________
** Non Effugient **

View user's profile Send private message
viv
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Admiral
Level 17
Joined: 01 Nov 2014 Posts: 399 Location: the 6 - Canada US
Quote:
Ok , more research...have you enlisted in some training with Expertusone ?
not that I am aware of...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joe7775_AZCF
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

124118 / 175000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 21 Apr 2014 Posts: 1734 FR
In french here Wink
http://www.liveskipper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=330558#330558
View user's profile Send private message
viv
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:36 am Reply with quote
Admiral
Level 17
Joined: 01 Nov 2014 Posts: 399 Location: the 6 - Canada US
merci / thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hdmi
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:29 am Reply with quote
Junior Seaman
Level 1
Moderator
Joined: 20 Jan 2017 Posts: 1015 FR
Solved !
It's not a malware in your computer.

The popup was due to the signature of HollandPirates referring to the website sailx.com

This website is hacked and redirects to https://demo.expertusone.com which requires a login.

We have removed the signature of HollandPirates from his posts.
View user's profile Send private message
De Zeven Provincien
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
Midshipman
Level 8
Joined: 21 Mar 2016 Posts: 9 NL
thanks a lot for the quick, investigation, and solution to the problem.

I thought already, never trust the Dutch pirates PDT_Piratz_14

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
HollandPirates
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:44 am Reply with quote
Rear Admiral
Level 15
Joined: 15 Feb 2012 Posts: 305 Location: (of boat) Tholen, Netherlands NL
hdmi wrote:
Solved !
It's not a malware in your computer.

The popup was due to the signature of HollandPirates referring to the website sailx.com

This website is hacked and redirects to https://demo.expertusone.com which requires a login.

We have removed the signature of HollandPirates from his posts.


Shocked Shocked I had not anticipated that, Embarassed thanks for removing my signature quickly! It's a good thing that changing signature changes it everywhere... good website design.

De Zeven Provincien wrote:
I thought already, never trust the Dutch pirates PDT_Piratz_14


Laughing you're so right about that Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
viv
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Admiral
Level 17
Joined: 01 Nov 2014 Posts: 399 Location: the 6 - Canada US
Thanks, HDMI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Post new topic

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum