|Racing :||Finished :|
|Show race instruction :|
« Privateer's Route » instructions
A. Race Description
- 1. « Privateer's Route » is a timed challenge(a race against the clock). Final ranking is not made according to the finishing order of competitors, but on the basis of the time elapsed completing the course: the fastest time will receive the highest ranking.
- 2. « Privateer's Route » will start at 17:00:00 GMT on Wednesday March 19 2008.
- 3. The start line has closed on Friday March 19 2010.
- 4. « Privateer's Route » has a difficulty rating of 2.
B. General Instructions
- 1. Competitors will compete in virtual IMOCA 60 class boats modeled on the IMOCA polar (performance) data. The polar model is available for download from the LiveSkipper site.
- 2. To complete the race, competitors must pass through all race gates in the correct manner and order. Competitors must also pass the Ice Gate correctly (see section Start, Race Gates and Finish for more details)
- 3. There are no restrictions on the way for to take to link up two gates.
- 4. Each gate is validated when a competitor’s boat cuts the line linking the two gate buoys. (In the game viewer the gate’s color will change from green to red once validated).
- 5. Competitors can re-start the race at any time. If a competitor restarts before completing the course no time will be logged and his/her boat will be deleted and put back to the Start.
- 6. If a competitor has finished the race, his/her race time will be logged, saved in the TOP RANKING.
- 7. If a competitor finishes the race several times, all his/her time courses are saved, kept and listed in the(Top Ranking)
- 8. All LiveSkipper times are UTC (GMT).
- 9. Race registration will open on Wednesday March 19 2008 at 17:00:00 GMT.
- 10. Competitors must register to take part in the race.
- 11. By completing the registration process competitors agree to abide by the rules (laid out here) and the decisions of the race committee (see section Race Committee).
- 12. « Privateer's Route » will start at 17:00:00 GMT, Wednesday March 19 2008.
- 13. Competitors are free to start this challenge at any time within the period of the event.
C. Concerning missed gates
- 1. It is a competitor’s responsibility to ensure that all gates are passed correctly. A competitor who has missed a gate has the option to return to it and pass through it correctly to validate the gate.
- 2. Where it can be shown that a competitor passed through a gate and for some reason the gate did not validate itself, manual validation is possible by request.
- 3. Any competitor who completes the course without validating all of the gates will not be given a final ranking for the race.
D. Start, Race Gates and Finish
- 1. Start point (A) : Isle of Wight ==> 50°33'0.00" N / 1°0'0.00" W
- 2. Leg to be crossed :
Gate Name Buoy 1 (Lat/Long) Buoy 2 (Lat/Long) Passed Race Gates (B) East Solent 50°30'0.00" N / 1°12'0.00" W 50°30'0.00" N / 0°48'0.00" W North -> South Race Gates (C) Channel Isles 49°24'0.00" N / 2°30'0.00" W 49°14'24.00" N / 2°15'0.00" W Northeast -> Southwest Race Gates (D) Leeward Islands 18°0'0.00" N / 63°0'0.00" W 17°42'0.00" N / 61°54'0.00" W North -> South Finish (E) Venezuela Coast 12°3'0.00" N / 68°45'0.00" W 12°18'0.00" N / 68°24'0.00" W Northwest -> Southeast
E. Race Committee
- 1. Any decision by the race committee is final and binding.
- 2. The race committee for « Privateer's Route » will be :
- Race Director : Charles-Edouard Ray (BeTomorrow)
- Race Administrator : Romain Lagorsse (BeTomorrow)
- 1. The weather applied to the boats is updated in the game every 3 hours, 24 hours-a-day on the following schedule: 06:00 GMT – 09:00 GMT – 12:00 GMT – 15:00 GMT – 18:00 GMT – 21:00 GMT – 00:00 GMT – 03:00 GMT.
- 2. The weather is downloaded from the NOAA's website every 6 hours, and applied to the forecasts in the game at around: 04:50 GMT, 10:50 GMT, 16:50 GMT and 22:50 GMT. These updates do not modify the current weather applied to boats.
- 3. The weather forecasts can be directly downloaded from the game webpage, in particular on the race page. It is a GRIB1 file which can be read by Ugrib, Viperfish, zyGrib, or any other reader of GRIB1 files.
- 1. Competitors can contact their SuperSkipper or the LiveSkipper administrators either by mean of the public forum or by Private Message. The LiveSkipper administrators can also be contacted by using the “Contact us” tab on the LiveSkipper homepage.
Good luck to all who take part in « Privateer's Route » !
The LiveSkipper Team.