|Racing :||Finished :|
|Show race instruction :|
« 45° N - 45° S » instructions
A. Race Description
- 1. « 45° N - 45° S » is a competitor’s race (a race between boats of the same class starting at a previously specified time). Final ranking is made according to the finishing order of competitors the winner is the first boat to cross the finish line having sailed the course correctly and final ranking will be made on the finishing order of the competitors not on the basis of the time elapsed completing the course.
- 2. « 45° N - 45° S » will start at 17:00:00 GMT on Monday June 16 2008.
- 3. The race will remain open until a closing announcement will be published on the LiveSkipper website.
- 4. « 45° N - 45° S » has a difficulty rating of 3.
B. General Instructions
- 1. Competitors will compete in virtual IMOCA 60 class boats modeled on the IMOCA polar (performance) data. The polar model is available for download from the LiveSkipper site.
- 2. To complete the race, competitors must pass the finish line (see section Start and Finish for more details).
- 3. If a competitor has finished the race, his/her race rank will be saved in the(Top Ranking).
- 4. All LiveSkipper times are UTC (GMT).
- 5. Race registration will open on Monday June 16 2008 at 17:00:00 GMT.
- 6. Competitors must register to take part in the race.
- 7. By completing the registration process competitors agree to abide by the rules (laid out here) and the decisions of the race committee (see section Race Committee).
- 8. « 45° N - 45° S » will start at 17:00:00 GMT, Monday June 16 2008.
- 9. No adjustment will be made for starting after the official start time – it is entirely the responsibility of the competitor to be present at the start at the correct time, or to choose to start after the official start time.
C. Start and Finish
- 1. Start point (A) : Lacanau ==> 45°0'0.00" N / 1°15'0.00" W
- 2. Leg to be crossed :
Gate Name Buoy 1 (Lat/Long) Buoy 2 (Lat/Long) Passed Finish (B) Cabos dos Bahias 45°0'0.00" S / 65°30'0.00" W 45°0'0.00" S / 65°0'0.00" W North -> South
D. Race Committee
- 1. Any decision by the race committee is final and binding.
- 2. The race committee for « 45° N - 45° S » will be :
- Race Director : Charles-Edouard Ray (BeTomorrow)
- Race Administrator : Romain Lagorsse (BeTomorrow)
- 1. The weather applied to the boats is updated in the game every 3 hours, 24 hours-a-day on the following schedule: 06:00 GMT – 09:00 GMT – 12:00 GMT – 15:00 GMT – 18:00 GMT – 21:00 GMT – 00:00 GMT – 03:00 GMT.
- 2. The weather is downloaded from the NOAA's website every 6 hours, and applied to the forecasts in the game at around: 04:50 GMT, 10:50 GMT, 16:50 GMT and 22:50 GMT. These updates do not modify the current weather applied to boats.
- 3. The weather forecasts can be directly downloaded from the game webpage, in particular on the race page. It is a GRIB1 file which can be read by Ugrib, Viperfish, zyGrib, or any other reader of GRIB1 files.
- 1. Competitors can contact their SuperSkipper or the LiveSkipper administrators either by mean of the public forum or by Private Message. The LiveSkipper administrators can also be contacted by using the “Contact us” tab on the LiveSkipper homepage.
Good luck to all who take part in « 45° N - 45° S » !
The LiveSkipper Team.