<  Tavern  ~  Anything and nothing discussed on the Racebar!

denosya
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Commodore

Level 14

14864 / 16601
Administrator
Hallberg wrote:
oh, that's it, is it? LS may be closing in Jan, so no more chat in the EF? Rolling Eyes

Dear Hallberg, LS won't close in January Smile
At least, we have a plan to save the game, thanks to many of you who have shown quite some enthusiasm in keeping the web site running.
I hope I'll see you in a future race. Behind me, preferably Wink

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

19388 / 175000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 19 Mar 2008 Posts: 525 Location: Binissalem. Mallorca ES
Hya Folks Laughing
This is not a gripe, moan, sour grapes or even jealousy ,since it hardly ever(?)concerns my unheard of podium standings Confused Confused so here goes.
During a race we are lucky enough to get speed,overall ranking,club ranking etc of other boats taking part,but the puzzling bit for me is why for exemple are there one or two boats and generally its poor old Vanna(again,sorry mate!) who sails so well with a different club on his info,suddenly pops up in the first few boats on the LSYC podium. I must admit I get more fun out of beating(rarely of course!!) my own club members,since Im obviously not good enough to take on the whole shebang Crying or Very sad :cry
Perhaps I have got my facts wrong,if so,can one of you wise heads explain to me why this happens Question I would be mucho grateful Razz Razz
cheers for now
Bugsie PDT_Aliboronz_24

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

133480 / 175000
Superskipper
Ocean Flea wrote:
Hya Folks Laughing
This is not a gripe, moan, sour grapes or even jealousy ,since it hardly ever(?)concerns my unheard of podium standings Confused Confused so here goes.
During a race we are lucky enough to get speed,overall ranking,club ranking etc of other boats taking part,but the puzzling bit for me is why for exemple are there one or two boats and generally its poor old Vanna(again,sorry mate!) who sails so well with a different club on his info,suddenly pops up in the first few boats on the LSYC podium. I must admit I get more fun out of beating(rarely of course!!) my own club members,since Im obviously not good enough to take on the whole shebang Crying or Very sad :cry
Perhaps I have got my facts wrong,if so,can one of you wise heads explain to me why this happens Question I would be mucho grateful Razz Razz
cheers for now
Bugsie PDT_Aliboronz_24

Hi Bugsie , how you doing fella.

I'm truthfully not sure what you are on about.

Vanna pops up in the LSYC podium ?? I don't know what the LSYC podium is ?

there is an EF podium , or english speaking forum to put it in other words.

Only those that sail the Alt races will appear on that podium...

so not sure what is tickling your feckles me hearty ..( would love to know how that translates into French or Spanish Very Happy )

Joe7775_AZCF
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

134173 / 175000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 21 Apr 2014 Posts: 1748 FR
Kingfisher 829 wrote:

so not sure what is tickling your feckles me hearty ..( would love to know how that translates into French or Spanish Very Happy )

No idea I don't even understand "your feckles me hearty" Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Ocean Flea
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

19388 / 175000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 19 Mar 2008 Posts: 525 Location: Binissalem. Mallorca ES
Hi Folks Laughing
Der,not very clever but I can lift heavy weights Der sometimes I dont know what I mean Embarassed Yup your right it aint LSYC its EF .Now I,m convinced Im past my "sell by date"
So whats new? whispers Kathy in my shell like ears Embarassed OK back to my cage untill next spell of half sanity.Velly solly if anyone offended Crying or Very sad
Perhaps Santa will bring me a"Get Sane Kit"What do ya mean theres no such person?
See ya all Friday I might just might have my facts right by then,but no promises..
Bugsie Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed PDT_Aliboronz_24 PDT_Aliboronz_24 PDT_Aliboronz_24

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

100929 / 175000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 24 Jun 2009 Posts: 11063 Location: Tournieres, Basse Normandie. (and England) FR
Under the village apple tree

The Village idiot sat

Amusing himself

By abusing himself

...........................And catching it in his 'at.
Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Admiral III

Level 20

152078 / 225000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Posts: 1300 Location: If you haven't been there, I wouldn't suggest going...just left, my apologies for the carnage...!
How did they know I had a hat? Very Happy

Best o'the season to all my mates, LSYC and EF and all !
Haven't been visible much, too great a load on the old body and weak mind, but I am with you in heart.

Take all care as we enter a new year, keep eyes bright and mind as sharp as a river-polished stone (that's my goal anyway), and cherish those you respect and love.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Live Long and Prosper!

Cheers!,
Barry

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

100929 / 175000
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 24 Jun 2009 Posts: 11063 Location: Tournieres, Basse Normandie. (and England) FR
Just what every boy wants for Christmas....... £400 worth of 250lb recurve hunting crossbow with 20 bolts and red dot scope Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

100929 / 175000
6 Nations England v France I nearly fell asleep in the 1st half............. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

133480 / 175000
Superskipper
Hallberg wrote:
6 Nations England v France I nearly fell asleep in the 1st half............. Rolling Eyes

I can see the French squad decimated if they don't win much this year... just picked mostly bulldozers and lack of knowing what the 'ell they are doing. Should have stuffed England.

Hallberg
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

100929 / 175000
The Answer to the Question is that LiveSkipper is 10 years old on 17th march!! (Paddy's day)

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

100929 / 175000
00.16 6th June 1944 ,Pegasus bridge Bénouville near Caen.
6th airborne landed 6 Horsa gliders in the space of a football pitch, 1st glider laded within 47 feet of the bridgehead.
My Great uncle was on the 2nd glider (92).

Will be in Normandy 26/5 - 10/6. Hotel booked in Ranville for the 5th.

I Will be standing on Pegasus bridge at precisely 00.16. Cool

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Vice Admiral

Level 16

17135 / 21965
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 15 May 2010 Posts: 902 Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada CA
The Queen Mary II arrived in Halifax this morning. They had an extra passenger ... one they picked up in mid-Atlantic.

The story in the local news is the story of the 72 year old solo sailor who ran into trouble in the Atlantic (as did a number of other boats this past weekend). He was rescued by the Queen Mary II. QMII and the solo sailor and arrived at the Halifax cruise terminal this morning. http://www.news957.com/national/2017/06/12/rescued-solo-sailor-73-describes-sudden-trouble-in-rough-north-atlantic/ He plans to find another boat and get back to racing the Atlantic.

Talk about a gad way to hitch a ride !!!

Mike

Kingfisher 829
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

133480 / 175000
Superskipper
Hallberg wrote:
00.16 6th June 1944 ,Pegasus bridge Bénouville near Caen.
6th airborne landed 6 Horsa gliders in the space of a football pitch, 1st glider laded within 47 feet of the bridgehead.
My Great uncle was on the 2nd glider (92).

Will be in Normandy 26/5 - 10/6. Hotel booked in Ranville for the 5th.

I Will be standing on Pegasus bridge at precisely 00.16. Cool

Here are some screenshots care of Google Maps street view...

Pegasus Bridge from West side

Pegasus from the Eastern side

The Memorial Building - just to the right of where the Eastern side bridge picture was taken

This is the view looking North - from which the glide path approach was possibly made - Memorial is just to the left of picture

Horsa Bridge just a couple hundred yards to the East.. both obviously quite strategic positions

Hallberg
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
Admiral II

Level 19

100929 / 175000
Thank you Glenn. I don't know how to upload my photo's on LS...

The RAF considered staging re-enactment for the 70th anniversary, but decided that such a landing would be impossible....... ???? ...... Laughing

That is why to this day, it is described as ''The singlemost skillfull feat of navigation and flying in History''