<  Suggestions and Features  ~  20160512 Android app

Alexandria
Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
Rear Admiral

Level 15

1049 / 19179
LiveSkipper Member Joined: 19 Apr 2012 Posts: 3 BR
Good morning!

I am a newcomer to LiveSkipper and I generally like the game.

There is a couple of drawbacks, however. The lack of an Android app is one of them.

I used to play in Virtual Regatta, and I still play in Sailonline and Virtual Loup de Mer.

All of them have Android apps.

The only exception is LiveSkipper.

In a world where smartphones are a significant game platform, and Android is present in most of those phones, it does not seem reasonable from a business perspective to avoid Android.

Best regards,

Alexandre
Suratna
Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
Admiral III
Level 20
Hi Alexandre o/b Lotsemann

Alexandre, Welcome to LiveSkipper ; the Best Virtual Sailing Platform on the World Wide Web.
I sailed also in VR and Sailonline , but I prefer LiveSkipper (LS)

That said, You are right, an Android App for LiveSkipper is still missing. Not sure whether there is work done on it, though it is an item on our wishlist. The last I heard from TeamLS on this, a general platform App was thought off using html5 rather than flash. (Android hates flash, like I do)

That said, you can of course on your smartphone use the internet version of LS; admitted it is all small and not accurate but on my Samsung Note3 it is doable to prevent groundings, missing gates, changing sails and setting more or less the heading to sail .

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
Commodore
Level 14
Hi Alexandre,

I don't know if there is an Android app, because I'm an iOS user. But since there is no flash available (neither on iOS nor on Android) there is no possibility to use the web browser interface on your smartphone.

The user interface of the browser version of the game is much too complex to have a similar functionality on a smartphone. For iOS there is an app, but I could steer the boat only roughly, With the app alone I'm far from being competitive. With the app you can only check whether you are grounded or which rank you are actually.

Fair winds
Juergen